Counterplay Games is seeking an experienced Community Manager with a deep passion for developing the Duelyst community across multiple channels ranging from forums, social media, public chat, blogs, online events, Twitch, and Youtube.
This role works in tandem with the Duelyst game development team to build awareness, engagement, and enthusiasm for both new and veteran Duelyst players. This role will strengthen influencer relationships with Duelyst content creators, developers, thought leaders, organizers, and advocates through outreach, ongoing programs, and collaborations.
The ideal candidate is analytical, creative, thoughtful, disciplined, self-motivated, and visionary with a deep expertise in brand marketing and communications. They would have a passion for and knowledge of core gaming, CCGs, user generated content, streaming, and the landscape of social media influence. They would also have a proven track record of launching social media campaigns, recruiting key community members as participants in events, and activations to support the strategic objectives of Counterplay Games.
- Act as the public-facing representative of Duelyst and Counterplay Games.
- Plan, schedule, and post player-facing communications with high levels of quality and timeliness every day.
- Create and develop communications including social media (eg. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), media sites (eg. Artstation, Wikipedia), and online sites (eg. blog posts, news).
- Communicate regularly and effectively to community members and influencers to appraise them of upcoming features, events, and opportunities across multiple channels and events.
- Support the development and evolution of ongoing programs related to these various groups.
- Gather, synthesize, and react to communications from players as well as provide meaningful feedback to stakeholders on the community’s sentiment, concerns, and suggestions.
- Identify, build, and maintain relationships with community partners and creators such as fan sites, influencers, players, teams, moderators, and volunteers.
- Develop, maintain, and tune moderation policies as well as manage moderators and volunteers to execute against them.
- Develop, create, and amplify engagement opportunities at both online and in-person (eg. PAX, DreamHack) events.
- Analyze and report weekly on content performance data and internal KPIs to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, PR, Psychology, Sociology, English or related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum 2 years’ experience with brand communications, forums, and social media
- A minimum 1 years’ experience with third party relationship management
- A minimum 1 years’ experience with channel management, reporting and analytics, CRM and CMS
- Excellent communication and writing skills with a focus on clarity, understandability, and knowledge of the elements of style
- Familiarity with project management and process improvement (eg. Trello, Buffer, WordPress)
- Able to travel and work long hours and weekends as needed. Needs to be accessible and responsive 24/7
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Duelyst
- Existing strong personal network within the Duelyst community
- Strong empathy and love for developing and growing online communities
- Content creation, video publishing, and graphic arts experience
- Familiarity with WordPress, Discourse, TweetDeck, Facebook Power Editor, MailChimp, Photoshop, CSS, HTML, OBS, Buffer and/or Discord
- Passion for competitive strategy titles and/or CCGs
- Project management training and experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Counterplay Games
- What games you are currently playing
- Top 2 books you would gift to a friend
- Sample of written work
Note: Only submissions with the above three materials will be considered.
Counterplay Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.